A Quickr User Guide
Privacy and Security
Quickr and HIPAA Compliance
Safe and secure
- By using Quickr, an automatic BAA is put in place which can be accessed here.
- Our staff has completed HIPAA training — we treat your data with respect and care.
- Quickr combines secure messaging and SMS to give each organization all the tools they need depending on how they operate.
- Quickr was designed specifically for healthcare, so we have built the service with your workflows in mind. We give you the tools to administer users and their access, control who should be notified of new messages, and manage your patient population.
- Organizations are required to gain documented (dated and time stamped) patient consent to communicate via SMS (not 100% secure). Most practices accomplish this through patient consent forms.
It is important to note that there are no definitive guidelines or certifications that are officially recognized to make a product “HIPAA Secure”. Rather HIPAA simply demands compliance with the general rules within it, specifically the Security Rule, the Privacy Rule and the Breach Notification Rule.